Today I want to review a lip primer I've been trying out lately...Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer. I am a certified fan of the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I use it to prime my lids whenever I wear shadow or liner. I've never tried a lip primer before so read on to see if I think this item is a beauty routine essential!
- Smooth, matte-nude finish
- Helps keep gloss from running
- Easy to apply with "lipgloss"-like applicator
- Dries down quickly
- Helps "prep" lips for liner/lipstick/gloss application
- Helps keep lip products from creasing into natural lip folds
- Pricey (about $19)
- Once the product dries...its VERY dry...almost TOO dry.
- Doesn't necessarily prolong the staying power of lip products
- Because it is drying, it tends to "crumble" your lip liner a bit upon application and it can "tug" your lips when you apply liner as well.
Meh. It's kinda one of those things that's a NICE to have but not necessarily a NEED to have. I didn't get amazing results which would make me encourage you to go out and add this to your routine. I find that I use this lip primer mostly during the week in the mornings. My work face routine is pretty simple. I put moisturizer on my face, dab a bit of face primer on to cut shine and that's about it. The lip primer helps in this case because my lips can be oily after I apply my moisturizer and adding lip liner to oily lips can be ineffective. So I'll dab some of this on and then add my lip products. I'll use until I run out but probably won't repurchase.
Score: 2 out of 5
If you would like to purchase, check out apothica.com! They have a wide range of beauty products from various companies (Too Faced Cosmetics included) and you can get it for about .20cents cheaper. ;-)
Have you tried this? Let me know what you think!